Friday, November 21, 2014


Geek of the Week
(An unconventionally sweet and awesome honor!)




Jackson Dickerson

I am Jackson Dickerson’s biggest fan.  I know he wakes everyday at 6:59 a.m., showers using Suave Coconut shampoo, and brushes his hair with a Goody Natural Fiber brush.  I know Jackson’s favorite sweatpants are the Black Nike ones he hangs on the back of his door and always eats Quaker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal for breakfast… in the individual packets. My favorite part of Jackson’s day is in the evenings when he reads Hamlet, works through textual meanings and the importance/weight of the various literary elements Shakespeare uses.  Jackson and I share this same love of Shakespeare.  We share study sessions, kind of, in the evenings.  He labors on understanding Hamlets’ various motives for his actions, and I drudge laboriously on creating an impossible test titled Examlet.  I would love to ask my hero, Jackson, Hamlet questions sometimes, but asking questions through binoculars and windows is difficult.  Congrats Jackson Dickerson...English Geek of the Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment